Re: Compiling glob with MSVC

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Compiling glob with MSVC
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:49:23 +0200

On 7/21/07, Ole Jacob Hagen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am unable to compile glob  (downloaded from david bateman's site
)with MSVC.

Actually, I'm using a customized glob library, based on the one from
David. The problem you have is that MSVC does not have opendir, readdir
and closedir functions. I worked around this (in octave and in glob) by
including simple implementations using Win32 API. I'll send you my
current package in a private mail.

I would really like to have it fixed....I've also tried to use cc-msvc,
but with same result.

cc-msvc is just a wrapper around MSVC, to make it act like gcc regarding
options and flags. It does not do anything more. If the code does not compile
with MSVC, it won't with cc-msvc.

Michael.