Adding style to axis

From: Frankie Y. Liu
Subject: Adding style to axis
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:12:14 -0700

Hello,

I want to add another property to the axes, such as linetype and linewidth.
I looked briefly at src/, and it seems that I would just add a few lines in
graphics.h and graphics.cc as well as add stuff in
scripts/plot/__go_draw_axes__.m

Since I haven't contributed before:
- don't have the overall picture
 - is someone working on this already
 - will this addition conform to octave goals
- don't know exactly the procedure
 - checking out
 - coding standards
 - documentation
 - debug/test requirements

I wrote the above prior to reading shai's post in June in octave-maintainers.
It seems that I am on the right track. I haven't prodded through all of
the maintainers archives for answers to my questions, maybe you might
be able to point me to the correct links.

Michael's reply to Shai's post, which poses a couple of questions,
- is there a standard set of properties that graphic objects should have
- how are these properties distinct / independent from the graphics driver,
  i.e. I don't have a good grasp as to what is and is not driver dependent
  and where the line is drawn.

Thanks,

-frankie