Add position options for legend?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Add position options for legend?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:20:18 -0400

On  9-Aug-2007, Peter Gustafson wrote:

| legend no longer has as many options as the octave-forge version did.
| I'm not sure if that was on purpose or not, but I often use the below
| option.  This patch restores the prior function if there is interest.
| At some point we might want to make it more matlab compatible but that
| would be a low priority for me.
|
| Pete
|
| 2007-07-26  Peter Gustafson  <address@hidden>
|
|         * scripts/plot/__go_draw_axes__.m: Add position options for
| legend. Note -1 is conforms to older octave-forge version.
|         * scripts/plot/legend.m: Change info to reflect additional
| positions.

Matlab compatibility for this function is more important to me than
backward compatibility with previous versions of Octave or Octave
Forge versions of legend, so I would prefer to have a version that
accepts property lists and handles the "location" property in a
(currently) compatible way (i.e., "north", "south", ...).