Re: Path treatment issue Octave on mingw : pkg.m

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Path treatment issue Octave on mingw : pkg.m
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:39:45 +0200

On 8/12/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have read 'pkg.m', it is complicated so I have not
> understand how it works yet.  Does 'pkg.m' require the
> posix like environments?  If so I have to write a function
> to get the msys path from the window path.

You should have a look at how this is handled under MSVC, problems
are the same. To run pkg.m, you need a POSIX shell. That's why pkg.m
has been modified to use "shell" instead of "system" to run system calls.
This acts as a wrapper around MSYS shell (using C system doesn't run
the command in a shell). What I do then is to add MSYS path to EXEC_PATH
at startup (see octave-forge/admin/Windows/msvc/octaverc.win); then
everything runs fine.

Michael.