Re: configure failing for latest CVS on Fedora

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: configure failing for latest CVS on Fedora
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:45:14 -0500

Daniel J Sebald wrote:
(Work computer isn't yet fluent, so sending from home.)

I'm working on a system where Fedora 7 is loaded. I'm trying to compile the CVS version of Octave, but it fails as follows:

Hold on, I recall running autoheader and autoconf individually.  I bet
autogen.sh recurses into subdirectories.  I'll try ./autogen.sh at work.

Dan

configure:  creating libcruft/lapack-xtra/Makefile
config.status:  creating config.h
config.status:  config.h is unchanged
configure:  configuring in scripts
configure: running /bin/sh ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
/bin/sh:  ./configure:  No such file or directory
configure:  error:  /bin/sh ./configure failed for scripts

The machine is a duo core something or other, but I don't know if that is the main problem because Octave 2.9.13 of 25 July configures and compiles all the way through.

I tried finding the problem/solution but it appears located in an intense area of ./configure with a lot of case/esac/do etc. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Rather than the generated configure file, maybe it is in the scripts subdirectory somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

--

Dan Sebald
email: daniel(DOT)sebald(AT)ieee(DOT)org