Re: Reading/writing sound files

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Reading/writing sound files
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:14:38 +0200

Erik de Castro Lopo skrev:
In light of the above, what would people thing on making libsndfile
an optional dependancy of octave and providing octave with a nice
way of reading/writing any format supported by libsndfile.

I'm even willing to put up my hand to do the work. All I would need
is a tiny amount of guidance on how the libsndfile functionality is
exposed to the user.

Is this a a good idea? Something worthwhile?
I think the general spirit of Octave is to use other projects when possible, so I think it makes sense to use you lib for sound reading/writing. But as a beginning, why not simply create a libsndfile package for Octave? I guess that would be a lot easier than to make it a dependency of Octave. At least as a start...

Søren