Re: Making Octaviz compatible with handle graphics

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Making Octaviz compatible with handle graphics
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:49:07 -0600

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:46:25 -0500
From: " Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso " <address@hidden>
To: "Octave Maintainers List" <address@hidden>

Last night I got myself to hacking Octaviz to fix some longstanding
things about it that have been nagging me and thought of others things
I could add to it. VTK does seem to make quite a few features easy to
do, once one manages to navigate its horrendous documentation.

Before I actually commit any more time to this, I thought I might as
well make it so that it's compatible with Octave's current
implementation of handle graphics, which was added after Octaviz's
release (and Octaviz development seems stalled right now, no release
in almost a year).

Er. So how should I go about doing this?

- Jordi G. H.

The last release was Feb 2007; not quite a year ago. But it is true that Octaviz development stalls at times due to few developers. I would love to see what you have to contribute. I suspect that handle-graphics related code may go into octave itself, but direct contributions to octaviz can be made through the forums, mailing list, and tracker of the sourceforge site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/octaviz/).

Regards,
Jonathan