Latest port of Qhull/goemetry functions from octave-forge

From: David Bateman
Subject: Latest port of Qhull/goemetry functions from octave-forge
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:33:19 +0200

Find attached my latest port of the geometry functions based on Qhull
from octave-forge to Octave. The things I changed while porting this
code are

* Style changes to more closely meet the Octave coding style
* Some texinfo help string fixes
* Changes in the configure process to use the existing Octave mechanisms
to pass configuration information
* Some attempt to use octave_idx_type rather than int where appropriate,
though as Qhull uses int, I'm unsure that this will mean that the code
will be 64 bit safe.
* move delaunayn.cc to __delaunay__.cc and wrap in delaunayn.m. In the
new delaunayn function remove zero volume simplices for the tesselation.
* Inclusion of the triplot and trimesh functions
* Addition of naive versions of dsearch, dsearchn, tsearchn though they
appear to perform quite well
* Addition of griddata3 and griddatan functions
* Add test code and check for compatibility with Matlab and fix code
where needed.
* Initial documentation

Things that still need to be done are

* Write more complete documentation
* Adapt voronoi.m and voronoin.m so that it returns the diagram with the
segments of the diagram with one end point at infinity.

However, given the above provisos the code is pretty complete and I've
tried to fully test it. I'd therefore suggest that this patch is
committed and the fixes above are applied later. Basically, I'm not sure
how to try the segments with one point at in infinity in a matlab
compatible manner and so won't mind help there.

Cheers
David
2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * configure.in: Probe for the use of Qhull.
        * aclocal.m4 (AC_CHECK_QHULL_VERSION): Macro to check whether
        Qhull needs a version number.
        * Makeconf.in: Add QHULL_LIBS.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * interpreter/geometry.txi: Document new functions.
        * interpreter/octave.texi: Update indexing of geometry items.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * geometry/convhull.m, geometry/delaunay.m, geometry/delaunay3.m,
        geometry/griddata.m, geometry/voronoi.m, geometry/voronoin.m: New
        functions ported from octave-forge.
        * geometry/delaunayn.m, geometry/dsearch.m, geometry/dsearchn.m,
        geometry/griddata3.m, geometry/griddatan.m, geometry/trimesh.m,
        geometry/triplot.m, geometry/tsearch.m:
        New functions.
        * geometry/Makefile.in (SOURCES): Add functions above.
        * configure.in (AC_CONFIG_FILES): Add new file geometry/Makefile.

2007-07-26  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * DLD-FUNCTIONS/__delaunayn__.cc, DLD-FUNCTIONS/convhulln.cc,
        DLD-FUNCTIONS/tsearch.cc, DLD-FUNCTIONS/__voronoi__.cc: New
        functions ported from octave-forge.
        * DLD-FUCTIONS/__dsearchn__.cc: New file.
        * Makefile.in: Add specific build targets for __delanayn__.cc,
        convhulln.cc and __voronoi__.cc to link to Qhull.
        (DLD_SRC): Add new functions.
        (OCTAVE_LIBS): Add QHULL_LIBS