Re: Couple comments about image_viewer and path behavior

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Couple comments about image_viewer and path behavior
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:24:32 -0400

On 23-Aug-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| By the way, this isn't matlab compatible as matlab search for image
| files in the path that is modified through addpath. So, before we start
| documenting IMAGE_PATH, perhaps we should change it to simply use the
| standard path?

In addition to .m files, Matlab searches "MATLABPATH" for files read
by load, opened by fopen, imread, etc.  I suppose doing the same for
Octave would be OK, but to avoid confusion, I don't think we should do
so without a warning for files that have relative names and that are
not found in the current directory.