Re: Octave CVS: Problem with axis and keyboard

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave CVS: Problem with axis and keyboard
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:06:53 -0400

On  4-Sep-2007, Fredrik Lingvall wrote:

| Fredrik Lingvall wrote:
| > 1) axis problem
| >
| > If I do
| >
| > plot(t,H);
| > ax = axis;
| >
| > then ax is always
| >
| > ax =
| >
| >   0   1   0   1   0   1
| >
| > when it should depend on max an min values of H.

OK, I see the problem if I do something like

  x = -1:10; y = 1.5*sin (x); plot (x, y); ax = axis ();

but not if I do something that causes drawnow to be called between the
calls to plot and axis.  The problem is that the limits are only
computed and set when drawnow is called.  I'm not sure how best to fix
this and I don't have time to work on it at the moment, but I would
consider patches.

| > 2) keyboard problem.
| >
| > Plotting don't seem to work in debug-mode.

Please see this thread:

  https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2007-June/002630.html