Re: octave 2.9.13 on cygwin

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: octave 2.9.13 on cygwin
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:13:01 +0200 (CEST)

--- Marco Atzeri ha scritto:
> --- "John W. Eaton" ha scritto:
>
> > On 30-Aug-2007, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> I suspect there is a problem in the cygwin
> implementation of strptime.

John,
if I correctly understood how weekday() is
implemented in octave,
assert(weekday('19-Dec-1994'),2)
is failing in cygwin because

weekday calls strptime, implemented in oct_strptime
as wrapper of system strptime, expecting
to receive a valid tm_wday.

As newlib strptime, used in cygwin, does not set
tm_wday when format does not include %a or %A
weekday is failing and for every day the output is 0.

I have the feeling that strptime is potentially
implemented locally, but it is unclear to me
how to use it instead of the system version,
at least on cygwin.

Regards
Marco

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html