Shared HDF5 in Octave?

From: Scott Wegner
Subject: Shared HDF5 in Octave?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:33:27 -0500

My name is Scott Wegner, and I am responsible for HDF maintenance and packaging for Windows. We provide documentation and support for building HDF5 static libraries on cygwin and Mingw. However, we don't support building shared DLL's from cygwin. Recently, a user brought it to our attention that he was able to link his cygwin application with the Octave DLL, which provides HDF5 internally.

Is anyone aware if the Octave library is using a cygwin HDF5 dll? If so, could you describe the steps needed to build HDF5 shared libraries in cygwin? We would like to eventually support for cygwin shared libraries, so any tips are helpful.

Thanks,

Scott Wegner
address@hidden