Re: GPLv3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: GPLv3
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:22:41 -0400

On 14-Sep-2007, Thomas Weber wrote:

| How about asking the FSF for the licenses where we are not sure?

Yes, we can do that, but first we need to decide what it is we need to
ask about.  I think asking about a small list of licenses that we are
unsure of is much better than just asking "can you look at Octave and
tell us whether it is OK to switch to GPLv3?"

| I don't
| think Octave is the only software using different libraries, so
| collecting the "is GPL3 (in)compatible" information in a central place
| might make sense for anyone.

If there is such a page, I'm unaware of it.