Re: cygwin octave package needs a new maintainer

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: cygwin octave package needs a new maintainer
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:59:12 +0900 (JST)

--- "James R. Phillips" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have put Octave and associated packages up for adoption at the cygwin
> project.  Please see the thread at
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2007-09/msg00078.html
> I hope someone on this mailing list may consider taking over. Good luck with
> octave 3.0.

Dear James R. Phillips
This is Tatsuro.
I feel it is regretable you to leave from the cygwin apps. maintainers.
As perhaps you know, in the discussion cygwin ML that I voted,
the my proporsal of gcc-dw2 was not accepted.
They suggest me to wait.

I may contribute to build by standard gcc octave for cygwin.
The octave by the standard gcc is slow but stable.
I think it is meaningful that the Octave 2.9.xx
by the standard gcc is included in the cygwin packages
because the current distrubution of Octave 2.1.73 is now obsolate.
The main problem to build it on cygwin is now removed by the efforts of JWE and
other contributors.
It is now easy to build it.
However, it seems that packaing the octave is not light work according to the
'Cygwin Package Contributor's Guide'.
Unfortunately for my case, a recently comming up big job prevents me
to do the extensive contrition for it.
Only I can do is to maintain my web page and give to partly contribution to the
cygwin pakaging.
At the moment I cannot be a main contributor for the octave 2.9.xx cygwin
pakaging.
Perhaps the job will be continued to the end of March in the next year.

Anyway I really appreciate again for your contribution until now.

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/