feature freeze -> 3.0 release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: feature freeze -> 3.0 release
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:10:57 -0400

Other than bugs that should be fixed and a probable switch to GPLv3,
are there any major obstacles to a 3.0 release?  Although I'm sure we
can all point out a few places where things could be improved,
features added, etc., I think the current sources are in reasonably
good shape and much better than any 2.1.x version of Octave.  So I'd
like to propose a feature freeze (though I would consider the addition
of new independent functions that don't require changes to existing
code) followed by a release in the next three or four weeks.

Comments?