Re: octave packages

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: octave packages
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:39:46 -0400

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 00:58 +0200, David Bateman wrote:
> That is what the "pkg load auto" command that is in a PKG_ADD command
> does. The packages flag their default behavior in the description and
> those marked "Autoload: yes" are loaded at startup.

I think he meant, when somebody does "apt get octave" or "yum install
octave" does it automatically download a bunch of packages. Right now
packages are outside the scope of such systems. There isn't any "yum
install octave-forge".

Dr. Tom
--
All names of good and evil are parables; they do not speak out, they
only hint. A fool is he who seeks knowledge from them! Thus spoke