Re: modified residues() for matlab compatibility

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: modified residues() for matlab compatibility
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 07:57:07 -0400

On Oct 5, 2007, at 2:01 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  3-Oct-2007, Ben Abbott wrote:

| >I've removed the call to 'sortcom'  from 'mpoles' and replaced it
| >with 'sort' which I just noticed handles complex numbers. I've also
| >modfied the copyright. The file is attached, and for comparison to
| >the prior upload the diff is below.

OK, so we need residues and mpoles for the fixed version?

Yes, both routines are needed. The routine mpoles might be included in the same script as residues, but since my hope is to provide a solution compatible with matlab's I included mpoles as an additional support function.

| >< # Copyright (C) 2007 Ben Abbott
| >---
| > > # Copyright (C) 1996, 1997 John W. Eaton

I think it is OK to add your name here if it is a substantial rewrite,
but please don't remove previous copyright statements.

ok.

| >For 'residue', I've added a qualification that the routine has been
| >significantly modified.

  ## Significant-Changes-By: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>

These tags are not arbitrary, and I'd rather not start adding tags
like this.  Changes should just be noted in a ChangeLog entry.

I just came across the page in the manual that documents these tags last night. I'll make the changes this week end.

For the ChangeLog are these recorded in the script, or in a separate file to permit you to record the change in you version control system?

Ben