Re: Profiler and GUI in Octave?

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: Profiler and GUI in Octave?
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:51:39 +0200

Dear John W,

Please interpret my message as follows: I like the efforts you put into
the free software tool Octave, I use it every day at my home computers.
My preference is as much free software as possible, especially Octave
since Matlab is very expensive for everybody except universities (where
I belong).  The question on a profiler is a wish, that might happen
someday, I know Matlab is using some Java environment to achieve this.

My question is more how difficult it is to implement such a thing.
Regarding a GUI this a secondary issue as least for us, computation
speed is more important. We are offering our help here, not requiring
immediate support for something not yet implemented! Is it feasible at
all? We can offer our help by trying our application in the Octave
environment as well as Matlab and compare performance.

Best regards,
Svante