Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:24:22 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  5-Oct-2007, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | > Fow now, I think I'd prefer to be able to complete subdirectories.
> |
> | This is what I'm aiming for.. The limitation will be that for
> | subdirectory completion the pathname must be quoted..
>
> Is there a way to detect that filename completion is in progress and
> temporarily remove the directory separator characters from the list of
> word break characters (if that is what is causing completion be
> restarted after / or \)?

As far as I understand there isn't really a way to do this as the <TAB>
returns the maximum length match and then gives it back to the user.
After the user hits a character or more and the <TAB> again control is
given back to Octave's completion function. So this would have to be
handled in Octave's completion function.

I'm not sure I see a way to do this without the risk that we disable
Octave function name matching in some cases..

I'll try to send my patch for file/directory completion tonight, but
still have one issue with it to find..

D.