Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:41:19 -0400

I should think you'd want to make an announcement now, to get a bunch
more folks to test things before the 3.0 release. I've been telling
people 3.0 is coming and their eyes light up. Wouldn't want to
disappoint them. Make a /. post in the developers section asking for
people to test the latest tarball. Remember there are still plenty of
folks who don't even know Octave exists.

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 10:19 +0200, Soren Hauberg wrote:
> Michael Goffioul skrev:
> >> How about the usual channels? Slashdot, Digg?
> >
> > From a PR point of view, I think it would be good to wait until binary
> > packages are available (Fedora, Debian, Mac OSX, Windows) and maybe
> > tested, before making the announcement.
> So, what does that mean? Essentially we have to make some 3.0 release
> candidate release about a week before 3.0 is actually released.
> Packagers then have a week to to build binary packages. Is that the kind
> of thing you would want?
>
> Soren

Dr. Tom
--
Ah, I cast indeed my net into their sea, and meant to catch good fish;
but always did I draw up the head of some ancient God. Thus spoke