Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:46:07 -0400

On  8-Oct-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| You might want to add
|
| #if !defined (CXX_NEW_FRIEND_TEMPLATE_DECL)
| static octave_value
| make_diag (const Matrix& v, octave_idx_type k);
| #endif
|
| etc to the patch for consistency. Though is there any C++ compiler that
| Octave supports that needs declaration of template functions like that
| before their use? In any case if you prefer a patch with the above
| declarations, use the attached version instead..

OK, please check in this version.  I doubt that we use the
CXX_NEW_FRIEND_TEMPLATE_DECL thing consistently, but I don't think the
extra declaration can hurt, so let's leave it in for now.  We can look
at removing this after 3.0.

Also, nice catch on the "const dim_vector" args for the constructors.

BTW, I don't see that the dim_vector args for Array2-based classes are
checked to ensure that they are only 2D.  Should they be?  Hmm.
Something else to look at later.

Thanks,