Re: MacOSX: ismac() implementation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: MacOSX: ismac() implementation
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:50:26 -0400

On  6-Oct-2007, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| John W. Eaton schrieb:
|
| > How reliable will this be if you use a different compiler?
|
| I think I can't answer this question by sure, I can only say that __APPLE__
is
| the replacement for __darwin__ since MacOSX and __MACH__ seems to be there
for a
| long time. These macros have been introduced by GNU and are also used on the
| Apple Developer website for the one or other example. There seem to be other
| proprietary compilers for Mac available but I don't know if they come with
these
| macros.

OK, I added the ismac function but I just used the

  #if defined (__APPLE__) && defined (__MACH__)

directly in toplev.cc instead of using them to define MACOS since I
don't see that symbol being used in other places.

Also, I named the field "mac" instead of "macos", but if there are
good reasons to use "macos" instead, please explain.

Thanks,