Re: another patch for residue.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: another patch for residue.m
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:14:10 -0400

On Oct 11, 2007, at 1:56 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 10-Oct-2007, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Although it might appear a bit brazen ;-) ... I decided to charge
| forth with another patch in order to include poly multiplicity in the
| reciprocal operation of the residue script.
|
| The present operation supports the syntax below.
|
|       [R, P, K, E] = residue (B , A);
|       [B, A] = residue (R, P, K);
|
| The attached patch adds the pole's multiplicity as an optional input.
|
|       [R, P, K, E] = residue (B , A);
|       [B, A] = residue (R, P, K, [E]);
|
| I've modified the doc string to respect the new optional input, and
| corrected some of my habits with respect to code formating.
|
| I also modified the test script; removed the part that is no longer
| needed now that the mpoles script works correctly (orders poles
| consistently), and added testing for the new optional input.

I applied this patch.

Thanks,

jwe

oh oh ...

I updated my copy from cvs and compiled ... unfortunately ...

octave:4> which residue
parse error near line 305 of file /Users/bpabbott/src/octave/07.10.12/ scripts/polynomial/residue.m

  syntax error

>>> <<<<<<< residue.m
     ^

which: `residue' is the script file
./residue.m
octave:4> edit residue.m
octave(27287) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0xa0b0ea94; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN10Octave_mapC1ERK10dim_vectorRK13string_vector Referenced from: /sw/lib/octave/2.9.14/oct/i386-apple-darwin/ getpwent.oct Expected in: /Users/bpabbott/src/octave/07.10.12/src/ liboctinterp.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN10Octave_mapC1ERK10dim_vectorRK13string_vector Referenced from: /sw/lib/octave/2.9.14/oct/i386-apple-darwin/ getpwent.oct Expected in: /Users/bpabbott/src/octave/07.10.12/src/ liboctinterp.dylib

panic: Trace/BPT trap -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Trace/BPT trap

John,

Is the snippet below a supported syntax in a script?

<<<<<<< residue.m
    for m = 1:e(n)
      if m == 1
=======