Re: Metis

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:54:16 +0200

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> Thanks David.
> I do not understand the problem correctly.
> If so and if the following techinically possible, the configure script check
> the metis futures with
> some check program, and stop building the octave and the show the message
> like.

I'd be against that, as I feel it should be possible to build with
METIS. In fact it might not even be possible to know if cholmod was
built with METIS (at least not easily) if libcholmod.so is linked to
libmetis.so.

> The cholmod library with METIS library conflicts the GPL.
> Please use the cholmod without METIS libarary.

Sure a message saying that at the end of the configure step makes
sense.. Though it might be difficult to implement it correctly..

D.

> Is this story right ?

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only