Re: Metis

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:07:05 +0200

On 10/17/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The cholmod library with METIS library conflicts the GPL.
> > Please use the cholmod without METIS libarary.
> >
> Sure a message saying that at the end of the configure step makes
> sense.. Though it might be difficult to implement it correctly..

Something like:
The CHOLMOD library is compiled with support for METIS. This
license of this library is not compatible with the GPL license used
by octave. The generated binaries will not be redistributable under
the GPL license.

OTW, I would not prevent compilation, but warn that the generated
binaries cannot be redistributed.

Michael.