Re: ATLAS 3.8.0

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: ATLAS 3.8.0
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:21:18 +0200

On 10/17/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> All except the eigenvalues of a 320x320 random matrix are faster. CF
>
> > Eigenvalues of a 320x320 random matrix______________ (sec): 0.5825
> >
> for 3.6.0 and
>
> > Eigenvalues of a 320x320 random matrix______________ (sec): 0.627
> >

> for 3.8.0. Strange that it is slower..

I know. I have no clue about the possible cause. However, as the build
process is quite different, I cannot be sure I'm not comparing apples with
pears (the final library is a mix of gcc-compiler and MSVC-compiled code;
however I have not idea if the compiler "ratio" is the same in both cases).

Michael.