Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:05:40 +0000

John W. Eaton wrote:
| | syntax error | | >>> <<<<<<< __plt_get_axis_arg__.m
|      ^

That's a CVS conflict marker in your sources.  I don't see it in mine,
so I assume there was a conflict in your copy of the sources when you
updated from the CVS archive and you did not resolve it before
starting the build.

jwe
OK, I did a new cvs update but now it fails already at the configure step,

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, no extra underscore configure: defining FFLAGS to be -O3 -pipe -m64 -fdefault-integer-8 -mtune=nocona -march=nocona -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -msse3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -pthread
checking whether gfortran accepts -ffloat-store... yes
setting F77_FLOAT_STORE_FLAG to -ffloat-store
checking for sgemm_ in /usr/local/lib/libBLAS.so... yes
checking for cheev_ in /usr/local/lib/libLAPACK.so... yes
checking BLAS library calling convention compatibility... ./configure: line 14550: $F77: command not found
./configure: line 14551: $F77: command not found
./configure: line 14576: conftest.: command not found
no
configure: WARNING: Your BLAS library was apparently compiled with a Fortran
configure: WARNING: compiler that uses a different calling convention from
configure: WARNING: the one used by the selected compiler, gfortran.
configure: error: You must correct this problem before building Octave.
fllap5 octave # I don't understand this error since I only have one compiler installed which was used for
building both BLAS/LAPACK and octave.

I will try a fresh cvs install tomorrow.

/Fredrik