Re: f2c obsolete?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: f2c obsolete?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:03:52 +0200

On 10/24/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> | I can give it a try, but how am I suppose to use this within the configure
> | script of octave: something like
> |
> | F77=fort77 FLIBS=-lf2c ./configure ... ?
> |
> | Note also that the -MD flag should be added to fortran compiler, in the
> | same way it is done for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS (se configure.in around
> | line 297)
>
> Where does it belong?  It seems that it is added to CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
> and LIBS.  Is that correct?  I don't know how best to insert it in
> LIBS (or FLIBS) but would consider patches that would allow it to be
> specified by adding XTRA_FLIBS=-MD (or similar) on the configure
> command line.

This is something that can also be handled in fort77 itself. In the end,
the libf2c I'm using needs that -MD flag, so it make sense to add it
directly in fort77 script. For me it's the same, as long as it works...

I updated the CVS and tried to compile libcruft with my tuned fort77
and it seems to work OK.

Michael.