Re: Fwd: 'for' loop vectorization

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Fwd: 'for' loop vectorization
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:04:43 -0500

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 24/10/2007, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
I went to a lot of effort a while back to get a memory efficient and
fast triu/tril in an oct-file. However, at the time I proposed it John
thought that it was too hard to maintain relative to the m-file version
and the amount of use that triu/tril see doesn't justify this additional
maintenance .

So what does the competition do here? triu seems like a reasonable
function to be used in vectorisation, and I really want my "clever"
vectorisation of the cummax function to work. If triu isn't the way to
vectorise, then I'll have to come up with another solution to the
cummax vectorisation puzzle.

triu and tril are built-in functions in Matlab. If we want it to be fast in octave, maybe we need the same thing.

Quentin