Problem compiling __contourc__.cc

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Problem compiling __contourc__.cc
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:37:31 +0200

Hi,

I found 2 type of problems while compilint the new __contourc__.cc
with MSVC:
1) "uint" type is not known, should be replaced by "unsigned int"
2) "pow" calls lead to compilation error in C++ context: MSVC defines
several overloaded versions of the pow function and it can't resolve
ambiguity when trying to match (int, unsigned int) argument.

I'm writing this mail because of the second point. I could add explicit
casting to the arguments to solve the problem, but looking at the code,
it seems the pow function is only used to get powers of 2.
So I wondered why not simply use left shift instead?

Michael.