Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:18:12 +0200

Fredrik Lingvall wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:

Sorry, I just broke this.  I unintentionally checked in a change
before it was ready.  It should be fixed soon.

jwe

Hm, I'm still having problems with this,

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore,
no extra underscore
checking whether gfortran accepts -mieee-fp... yes
adding -mieee-fp to FFLAGS
configure: defining FFLAGS to be -O3 -pipe -mtune=pentium-m
-march=pentium-m -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-fprefetch-loop-arrays -pthread -mieee-fp
checking whether gfortran accepts -ffloat-store... yes
setting F77_FLOAT_STORE_FLAG to -ffloat-store
checking for sgemm_ in /usr/local/lib/libBLAS.so... yes
checking for cheev_ in /usr/local/lib/libLAPACK.so... yes
checking BLAS library calling convention compatibility... no
configure: WARNING: Your BLAS library was apparently compiled with a Fortran
configure: WARNING: compiler that uses a different calling convention from
configure: WARNING: the one used by the selected compiler, gfortran.
configure: error: You must correct this problem before building Octave.

I added these lines (at line 14126) to the configure script:

echo  "`ls -l ./conftest.$ac_ext`"
echo  "`cat ./conftest.$ac_ext`"
echo  "`ls -l  ./conftest$ac_exeext`"
echo  "`./conftest$ac_exeext`"

and the configure output was:

checking whether gfortran accepts -ffloat-store... yes
setting F77_FLOAT_STORE_FLAG to -ffloat-store
checking for sgemm_ in /usr/local/lib/libBLAS.so... yes
checking for cheev_ in /usr/local/lib/libLAPACK.so... yes
checking BLAS library calling convention compatibility... -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 437 Oct 25 11:07 ./conftest.f
      program foo
      double complex zdotu, zx(10), zy(10), retval
      integer n, incx, incy
      n = 10
      incx = 1
      incy = 1
      do 10 i = 1, n
        zx(i) = dcmplx (i, 0)
        zy(i) = dcmplx (0, i)
   10 continue
      retval = zdotu (n, zx, incx, zy, incy)
      if (retval .eq. dcmplx (0, 385)) then
        print *, 'succeeded'
      else
        print *, 'failed'
        print *, retval
      endif
      end
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7626 Oct 25 11:07 ./conftest

no
configure: WARNING: Your BLAS library was apparently compiled with a Fortran
configure: WARNING: compiler that uses a different calling convention from
configure: WARNING: the one used by the selected compiler, gfortran.
configure: error: You must correct this problem before building Octave.

So the fortran test file seems OK but ./conftest don't print anything (it should be 'succeeded'
or 'failed', right?). Too verify that there is no problem with the BLAS lib I did this in matlab,

>> zx = 1:10 + i*zeros(1,10);
>> zy = zeros(1,10) + i*(1:10);
>> zy*zx'

ans =

        0 + 3.8500e+02i

which uses the same BLAS and LAPACK libs, which is set by these exports:

export BLAS_VERSION=/usr/local/lib/libBLAS.so
export LAPACK_VERSION=/usr/local/lib/libLAPACK.so
export LAPACK_VERBOSITY=1
export MATLAB_MEM_MGR=system

/Fredrik