update on class objects for Octave

From: Wolfgang Mennerich
Subject: update on class objects for Octave
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:00:12 +0100

Hello Mr. Eaton,
I wish to thank you very much for the update on the class objects for Octave. Many people are looking towards octave as a replacement for matlab. Most of the code in our Company is written the matlab-object orientated manner. Furthermore, these people (me included) are not able to do development in the 'deeps of code' for octave. So we need man like you and your engagement. I love the open source idea and some day, when I'm good enought in C, C++, etc., I can spend some time to give back what I get actually from the community. Even if there are not many replys on your thread regarding the class objects, be shure that it was read by many people and they would to say 'thank you' as I do now, but they hesitate to 'Spam' your email or the mailing list/ the forum with 'useless thank saying'. So please see my letter as representating not only me alone... ;-)

Best Regards

Wolfgang_M