Re: print() and -S option to specify size (revisited)

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: print() and -S option to specify size (revisited)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:11:26 +0100

>We also have to be careful here for another reason.  It is possible we
>will drop gnuplot as the default plotting engine for 3.1 or 3.2, so
>solutions that are tightly coupled with gnuplot may end up being
>somewhat wasted effort.

The patch that I submitted is indeed tightly coupled with gnuplot, in
the sense that its syntax is just a quick way to enter a gnuplot
command.

>I'm not sure why I accepted the patch to add -S.  Clearly I didn't
>remember the previous discussion.  Perhaps it should be removed.

If we need Matlab compatibility, maybe yes, adding -S is not a good
idea.  On the other hand, if Matlab does not have the notion of pixel
size, -S should not do any harm.  And yes, the real problem could be
backwards compatibility.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040