Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:47:15 +0100

John Swensen wrote:
I also have this problem on OSX using the CVS as of 5:18PM EST 10/31/2007. My configure line is as follows:

./configure CC=gcc-4 CXX=g++-4 F77=gfortran CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib --prefix=/sw/opt/octave/cvs_2.9_20071007

The config.log file indicates it failed at:
configure:15915: checking BLAS library calling convention compatibility
configure:15958: result: no

Reading through your email chain, I wasn't sure whether a solution had been reached, other than to cut out the test code so it always succeeds, but is this going to cause problems when compiling/running?

I tried to compile the conftest code by hand, but if I compile/link it with:
gfortran conftest.f -c -g3
gfortran conftest.o -o conftest  -Wl,-framework -Wl,vecLib
and then try to run it, I get a "Illegal instruction" error. I ran it in gdb and get further information concerning where the error occurred:
Program received signal EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION, Illegal instruction/operand.
0x8fe12f94 in __dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface ()

John Swensen

It looks like you have a different problem. When I build conftest.f manually, similar to how you did it above, I have no problem. Inside the configure script, however, the ./conftest binary don't print anything. It should be
succeeded or failed but I get nothing.

/Fredrik