Re: Setting the fontname and size of text

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Setting the fontname and size of text
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:33:46 +0200

On Nov 13, 2007 5:16 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 13-Nov-2007, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | Shai Ayal wrote:
> | > David,
> | >
> | > I wish you would use the radio_value class for these properties. That
> | > way you would gain automatic validity checks. I'll try to submit a
> | > patch tonight if you don't beat me to it
> | >
> | > Shai
> | >

> | Ok, then what about the attached..
>
> Thanks, I applied this patch and checked it in.
>
> Note that yesterday I extracted the
>
>   if (isempty (t.fontname))
>     f = "Helvetica";
>   else
>     f = t.fontname;
>   endif
>   if (isempty (t.fontsize))
>     s = 10;
>   else
>     s = t.fontsize;
>   endif
>
> into a separate subfunction to avoid duplicating these lines several
> times, so I applied your changes to __go_draw_axes__.m to that
> function by hand.
>
> jwe

I attach a patch which deletes the string_property class since it has
the same functionality as the radio_property class.
It fixes the bug in radio_property so now it is case-insensitive.
to do this it reuses the property_name class renaming it to the more
generic name caseless_str

I am sending the patch w/o even checking that it compiles. I am
compiling right now, but on my old laptop which I use for development
it will take me ~2hours, so It might be much faser to apply the patch
and find any minor syntax errors on your side.

Shai

2007-11-13  Shai Ayal  <address@hidden>

        * graphics.cc (string_properties): delete class
        (property_name): rename class to caseless_str
        (radio_values::possible_vals): change type to  caseless_str