Re: goals for 3.1

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: goals for 3.1
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:55:37 -0600

> John W. Eaton wrote:
>
> >   * Graphics:
> >       -- specific types for properties with improved property value checking
>
>         -- Add the addprops function allow additional properties to objects
>         -- Add the hggroup object that has no fixed properties for use
> of barseries, etc
>         -- Add callback DeleteFcn/CreateFcn to objects
>         -- Allow listener functions to be added to objects
>
>    * Merge the if/else mess in sort, and other functions into the
> octave_value or liboctave classes.
>
>    * tree-walker evaluator class, that is then used for profiler,
> debugger as well, and maybe as the basis for an in-built m-file to
> oct-file compiler.
>
> D.

I would like to see the tree-walker evaluator being written up, and
contribute in any way possible. Lots of developer tools can be produced
(in principle) once the main evaluator is in place.

I already have a sort of octave-matlab converter, based on a tree
walker, as Paul Kienzle had noted possible, in his oct2mat package
README.

-Muthu