Re: Patch for bar objects

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Patch for bar objects
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:16:46 +0100

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On 11/18/07, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to propose the following patch, which does 2 things:
>> 1) put actual bar creation into a separate function to make it easier for
>> a graphic backend to hook up its own bar objects
>> 2) compute the bar/group width according to the minimum X step
>> (IIRC, this is similar to Matlab way of doing); otherwise something
>> like
>>
>>     bar([1 3 3.5 6 8 9], rand(6,5))
>>
>> gives pretty bad results.
>>
>> Michael.
>>
>> scripts/ChangeLog:
>>
>> 2007-11-18  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
>>
>>    * plot/__bar__.m: put bar creation code into separate function
>>    to allow easy hook up from other graphic backends
>>
>>    * plot/__bars__.m: new function containing bar creation code
>>

> Consider the attached files instead, which pass the width and vertical
> state to the bar creation function: this is needed if you want to support
> the BarWidth and BarLayout properties in the bar objects.
>
> Michael.

Michael,

I suspect that this is against 2.9.17.. Note that __bar__.m was
significantly changed to allow colormaps to affect the bar colors and to
allow legends in for the bar charts. You patch doesn't apply to the
CVS.. Could you supply something that works with the CVS copy of __bar__.m?

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only