AW: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not fou

From: Christoph.Mayer
Subject: AW: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not found
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:24:55 +0100

> > I have now succeeded in compiling parts of octave-2.9.13
(octave.exe,
> liboctave, octinterp, libcruft) under MSVC2005 after manually adding
> #define WINVER 0x500
> >        #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x500
> > to libcruft/misc/cquit.c
>
> Why do you need this? Normally, only 0x0403 is needed and this is
handled
> by the configure script (to get access to
> InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount)

Yes, that was the problem (_InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount not
found by the linker when building libcruft.2.9.13)

After "make distclean", and "configure" libcruft compiles without
modification of libcruft/misc/cquit.c.

> > With octave-2.9.17, I had to manually add to Makeconf,
> > FLIBS  += -lf2c
> > FFLAGS += -MD
>
> I now compile octave using the fc-msvc wrapper that is available from
> octave-forge. This automatically append the -MD flag. The -lf2c flag
> should be autodetected by the configure script when checking the
> required libraries required to link fortran code.

Ok. I will try this.

For some reason, not all packages are built by the run_compilation.sh
script with my setup (msys 1.0.10, msysDTK-1.0.1, MSVC 2005), e.g. the
pcre-7.4 library

Christoph