Re: pareto function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: pareto function
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:43:01 -0500

On 30-Nov-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| That is normal. If you set "hold on" it should work as you want, except
| that the scales on the y-axis are completely different and the sin curve
| is not visible.. Something like
|
| x = -10:0.1:10;
| pareto(rand(1,21),-10:1:10)
| hold on
| plot(x, sin(x));
|
| should work,

OK, that does what I expect, but I wasn't trying to to overlay the
sin(x) plot on the pareto plot.  Instead, I expect

  x = -10:0.1:10;
  pareto(rand(1,21),-10:1:10)

to make a plot, and then because plot is a high-level plotting
function that calls newplot, I expect

  plot(x, sin(x));

to completely replace the pareto plot with the normal sin wave plot
(only).  Instead, I get the plot attached below.  I don't understand
why that isn't happening.

| but the attached patch is needed as there was a bug in the
| pareto with numerical labels.

I applied the patch.

Thanks,