Re: make check recommended practice?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: make check recommended practice?
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:25:13 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  3-Dec-2007, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | However, to add a flag for skipped tests would be harder. How would such
> | a test that might be skipped look like? Something like
> |
> | %!testskipifabsent HAVE_PCRE
> | %! ## TEST HERE
> |
> | and then the work to test if the feature is there would go in
> | scripts/testfun/test.m. Thinking about this, it probably won't be too
> | hard to do this, but what should the test name look like. I don't like
> | "testskipifabsent" ..
>
> Maybe handle optional arguments in the "test" block itself?  Something
> like
>
>  %!test if HAVE_PCRE
>  %! ...
>
> Would that work?
>
> jwe

I'm not sure how in that case to distinguish a test like

%!test assert(...)

from an optional test, as the code for the test can immediate follow the
"test" keyword.. This is why I thought a special tag for the optional
tests would be easy, as in that case the next keyword following the
"test" keyword is known explicitly to be the optional block.. Maybe
something like

%!testif HAVE_CHOLMOD
%! assert (...)

mean

%!test
%! if (!isempty(findstr(octave_config_info ("DEFS"),"HAVE_CHOLMOD")))
%!   assert (...)
%! endif

This would be fairly trivial to implement. If this is ok, I'll try it
tonight..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only