Set awk and find used in run-octave from configure

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Set awk and find used in run-octave from configure
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:26:47 -0500

On  4-Dec-2007, Moritz Borgmann wrote:

| To make run-octave run under Solaris, I propose the following patchset:
|
| ChangeLog:
|
| 2007-12-03  Moritz Borgmann  <address@hidden>
|
|       * Makeconf.in, aclocal.m4, configure.in: check for find
| program, preferably
|       gfind (on non-GNU systems). Need a sane find for run-octave script.
|
|       * run-octave.in: use FIND and AWK as determined by configure.

I made these changes.  I wasn't able to apply the patches
automatically.  In the future, please send patches as text/plain
attachments to avoid line wrapping mailers.

| +# OCTAVE_PROG_FIND
| +# ----------------
| +# Check for gfind first since it's generally better.
| +AN_MAKEVAR([FIND],  [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AN_PROGRAM([gfind], [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AN_PROGRAM([find],  [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AC_DEFUN([OCTAVE_PROG_FIND],
| +[AC_CHECK_PROGS(FIND, gfind find, )])

If this is a better way of checking for programs compared to what we
do now, then it would be useful if someone would look at converting
the existing tests to use this style.

Thanks,