Re: Set awk and find used in run-octave from configure

From: Moritz Borgmann
Subject: Re: Set awk and find used in run-octave from configure
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 03:43:17 +0100

I made these changes.  I wasn't able to apply the patches
automatically.  In the future, please send patches as text/plain
attachments to avoid line wrapping mailers.

good point. Sorry for the unnecessary hassle.

| +# OCTAVE_PROG_FIND
| +# ----------------
| +# Check for gfind first since it's generally better.
| +AN_MAKEVAR([FIND],  [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AN_PROGRAM([gfind], [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AN_PROGRAM([find],  [OCTAVE_PROG_FIND])
| +AC_DEFUN([OCTAVE_PROG_FIND],
| +[AC_CHECK_PROGS(FIND, gfind find, )])

If this is a better way of checking for programs compared to what we
do now, then it would be useful if someone would look at converting
the existing tests to use this style.

sorry, even though I came up with it, I have no experience with autoconfig, so I can't really comment on if it's better or not. It's a shameless plug from the code for setting AWK in autoconf's share/autoconf/autoconf/programs.m4. What counted for me that it seems to work well...

Cheers,

Moritz