Re: binary load/save export for MSVC

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: binary load/save export for MSVC
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:56:50 +0100

On 12/17/07, Thomas Kasper <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Mr Eaton,
>
> I am aware of your concern about possible implications of the term 'API'.
> (http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-November/005064.html)
>
> However, looking at ls-oct-ascii.h, I find that load/save functions are
> exported via the OCTINTERP_API macro for the MSVC build, but not their binary
> counterparts in ls-oct-binary.h. Is there a rationale for this, or would you
> consider a patch like the one attached?

There's no real rationale. When porting octave to MSVC, I tagged the symbols
I needed with OCTINTERP_API, in order to compile octave and octave-forge.
The fact that ls-oct-binary.h does not export symbols simply means that I
never needed to export them (up to now). Of course, the more you use the
octave internal functions, the more you'll find such problems.

Michael.