Re: 3.0 when?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: 3.0 when?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:49:07 +0100

I have no plans to add any significant features at this point, and
would like to go ahead with releasing 3.0 soon.  So how long should we
wait before doing that?  Two weeks?  Three?

jwe

I would vote for moving edit.m from the forge package to octave core functions. Argument is similar to the imread/imwrite topic. Why should I first install a package to be able to conveniently invoke an editor.

It would also allow easier use of a packaged editor with the mingw binaries.

benjamin