Re: add the "visible" radio_property to all objects.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: add the "visible" radio_property to all objects.
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:17:55 -0500

On 17-Dec-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:

| On Dec 17, 2007 9:09 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| > On 15-Dec-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:
| >
| > | I attach a patch to add the visible property to all objects. The
| > | property is of type radio_property with the allowed values of
| > | "{on}|off"
| > |
| > | Shai
| > |
| > |
| > | 2007-12-15  Shai Ayal  <address@hidden>
| > |
| > |         * graphics.h.in (all object classes) Add the visible property.
| > |         * graphics.cc (all object classes) Ditto.
| >
| > If the visible property appears in all graphics objects, then I think
| > it should probably be added to the base_properties class and inherited
| > by all the others.
|
| I thought about it, but since even if it is in base_properties there
| is still a lot of work getting it into each object::properties'
| get/set methods, I decided to do alittle more work and add it to each
| object.
| Maybe we should change this somehow --
| How about making each object::properties' get/set methods call
| base_property::get/set after taking care of all the object's
| properties, at the end, which should take care of all the properties
| in base_properties?

Is there a current need to have the visible property in all the
objects, or is this just something that needs to be done eventually?
If it is not needed for some specific feature now, then I think we
should wait until after 3.0, then I can rearrange the way the set and
get functions work so they call a method in the base class to handle
base class properties and we can avoid duplication.  But I think that
kind of change is too risky just before 3.0, which I'm stil planning
for Friday.