Re: Reading NI TDMS files

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Reading NI TDMS files
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:12:35 +0100

On 12/20/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The intention of the person distributing the code (source or binary)
> makes a huge difference in how this should be treated. If some one is
> trying to rip off a GPL code for their personal profit, I say "hang em
> high".. If they are supplying an interface to a proprietary library to
> maximum to value of the GPL software for a certain group of users,
> without any personal profit, I think we should turn a blind eye..

I agree with your opinion. However, I think that this kind of "Sword of
Damocles" will simply prevent people to start developing such interface.
At least, people should be aware of that, that's why I asked in the
beginning.

Anyway, I sent a mail to address@hidden for clarification. I'll forward
the results.

Bye,