Re: goals for 3.1

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: goals for 3.1
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:49:24 -0500

On 20-Dec-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:

| I agree completely. I think it will take more then 3.1 until we have
| something close to gnuplot in terms of sheer number of output formats
| and quality.

I don't care too much about all the output formats that gnuplot can
create.  At least initially it should be sufficient to have PS and
PS+LaTeX as I think most everything else that is useful today can be
generated from those using ghostscript and other tools.

Seriously, when is the last time you saw an actual Tektronix, BBN
Bitgraph, or AED graphics terminal?  Or a real HP pen plotter?