Re: goals for 3.1

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: goals for 3.1
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:37:37 -0500

> Tick marks is more difficult than one might imagine.

Classic reference:
        Lewart, C. R., "Algorithms SCALE1, SCALE2, and
        SCALE3 for Determination of Scales on Computer Generated
        Plots", Communications of the ACM, 10 (1973), 639-640.
        Also cited as ACM Algorithm 463.

Here's a python implementation of scale1.

http://kurage.nimh.nih.gov/tomh/tics.py

Dr. Tom
--
O heaven above me! You pure, you lofty heaven! This is now your purity
to me, that there is no eternal reason-spider and reason-cobweb: That