Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:49:07 +0100

fre, 21 12 2007 kl. 21:20 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> Octave 3.0.0 is now available for ftp from ftp.octave.org in the
> directory /pub/octave:
Thank You!

> Version 3.0.0 is currently marked as the stable, testing, and
> development version of Octave on the download page of the Octave web
> site.  The testing and development versions will change as soon as
> there is a new snapshot.
Isn't it about time we cut it down to two different versions of Octave?
A stable version, and a development version.

> The changes from the object-branch will be merged to the CVS trunk
> within the next few days.
Looking forward to that, but don't work so hard that you forget to
celebrate Christmas :-)

> Finally, thanks to everyone who made this release possible, especially
> David Batemen for all the work he has been doing on Octave over the
> last few years; Michael Goffioul, for all his work to port Octave to
> Windows; Paul Kienzle and Przemek Klosowski for hosting the meeting
> last year; Kai Habel, Søren Hauberg, and Shai Ayal for their work on
> graphics features;
I don't think I've worked on graphics features, but thanks anyway :-)

>  Søren again for his work on the package system and
> the manual; Michael Goffioul, Kai Habel, Rafael Laboissiere, Benjamin
> Lindner, Tatsuro Matsuoka, Quentin Spencer, Thomas Treichl, Thomas
> Weber, and everyone else who has been building binaries and packaging
> Octave for various systems.  (I'm sure I'm leaving someone out; any
> omission is certainly not intentional).
You left out John W. Eaton. That guy has done some amazing work on
Octave :-)

Søren