Scilab is going to have a free license

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Scilab is going to have a free license
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:21:05 -0600

And not just a free license, but a GPL compatible too! The CeCILLv2
license, sometimes favoured in France over GPLv2 because of language
issues and because they feel like they have to mention the term
"intellectual property" in their license.

Oh, also, this is just off the rumour mill from a Scilab developer:

If it happens this could be good news, as Octave often gets compared
with Scilab. I wonder if there's any code of theirs that we could
incorporate...

Anyways, I thought this could be interesting to Octave devs.

- Jordi G. H.